GSPRA has been awarded a "Mark of Distinction" by the National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA). The organization was recognized for its conference "School PR All Stars: Get Your Head in the Game!" This recognition recognizes the efforts of state chapters in supporting NSPRA’s mission of building support for education through responsible public relations that leads to success for all students. GSPRA was also an NSPRA Exemplary Chapter in 2019.
On May 21, 2020, school public relations professional in the state of Georgia hosted their first-ever webinar professional learning for its members. The topic, 'Charging Station', focused on wellness with four mental health and social services professionals serving as panelists.
The GSPRA Board brought the session together after canceling their in-person learning event due to COVID-19. They saw the need to still provide members with tangible tips that could help them through their increasing workloads while dealing with the mental mindfulness a pandemic presents to their personal and professional lives.
There were 30 professionals from Georgia and across the country that attended the free hour-long session. During the discussions, the panelists shared tips about mindfulness, relaxation techniques, balancing work and home, and more.
3. Three new Accredited in Public Relations members
4. Five conference scholarships awarded
5. Addition of a stipend for members completed the APR process
6. Six sponsor organizations
7. First-ever Annual Report Newletter
8. Customer Service Distinguished Speaker
9. Branding Alongside a Communications Pro Distinguished Speaker
10. Finding Your Inner Superhero Distinguished Speaker